Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Twist
Here at Rockenwagner, we take our relationships very seriously – like the one between our first love, the German Pretzel Twist, and a bowl full of melted chocolate. May we introduce…
It’s hearty alright – it’s got a deliciously dense, yet doughy pretzel base, lightly speckled with sesame seeds, plus a layer of semi-sweet chocolate, oh-so smooth and decadent. So grab your spouse, your kids, your grandma, and go halfsies on our favorite salty & sweet duo!
- 2 to 3 Rockenwagner German Pretzel Twists
- 6 oz dark or semi-sweet Chocolate, chopped & melted
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Toppings of your choice: Nonpareils, Sprinkles, Pink Himalayan Sea Salt, Crushed Nuts, Mini Chocolate Chips, Mini Marshmallows, etc.
- Unwrap your Rockenwagner Pretzels and arrange on a clean decorating surface: baking sheet, parchment paper, plate.
- Get your toppings ready in separate bowls with spoons, to make decorating simple.
- Next, melt your Chocolate and Coconut Oil together in a double boiler until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. If you do not have a double boiler, no worries! Take a pot and fill with about 1 inch of water. Then set a heatproof bowl (stainless steel or tempered glass) directly in the water. Bring the water to a simmer, then turn off your flame and let chocolate sit until it is melted.
- Here comes the fun part. The dipping! Dip half of each pretzel, then sprinkle your choice of toppings. We went with Nonpareils, classic Sprinkles & pink Himalayan Sea Salt (for the foodie in your life). There’s something for everyone!