Grilled Sausage on a Pretzel Bun / Brioche Bun
We whipped up a grilling recipe perfectly tailored for your poolside or picnic adventures.
Using Röckenwagner Artisan Brioche or Pretzel Hot Dog Bun
- Röckenwagner Brioche or Pretzel Hot Dog Bun
- 1 fully cooked chicken sausage
- Caramelized onions*
- Roasted bell pepper** (or pepper of choice)
- Toppings of choice (mustard, relish, jalapeño etc.)
Caramelized onion recipe:*
- Several onions- sliced root to tip (yellow, white or red)
- Olive oil (1 tsp. per onion),
- Butter (optional)
- Balsamic Vinegar
Roasted bell pepper recipe:**
- Sliced bell pepper (red, green, yellow, orange)
- Olive oil
- Prepare caramelized onions and roasted bell peppers ahead of time*.
- Add olive oil to sauté pan on medium/high, once hot, add sliced onions, and reduce to medium/low. Cook low and slow for approx. 10 minutes, sprinkle some salt and a little sugar to help the caramelization process (approx. 1tsp for 5 onions). Cook for a total of 30 min – 1 hour, using a spatula to scrape the onions and stir occasionally (one tip to avoid the onions burning or drying out is to add a little water). At the end of the cooking, add a little balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan and bring some additional flavor.
- In a separate pan roast the bell peppers. Add olive oil to sauté pan on medium/high heat. Once hot, add sliced peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid burning. Cook until peppers turn slightly brown along edges.
- Grill sausage according to packaging instructions. Cook sausage on all sides until nicely browned– about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Assemble sausage in Röckenwagner Brioche or Pretzel Hot Dog Bun and top with caramelized onions and roasted bell peppers. Add any other toppings or condiments of choice. Enjoy!