Omelette Breakfast Bite Bowls
These are a great make-ahead version of a quiche!
- 24 ea Rockenwagner Soft Pretzel Bites
- 6 ea Eggs
- To taste Kosher Salt
- To taste Black Pepper
- 2 oz / ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 oz / ¼ cup Mozzarella, grated, finely chopped (or favorite cheese)
- 1 oz / ¼ cup Gruyere Cheese, grated, finely chopped (or favorite cheese)
- 3 Tbsp Bacon, optional, crisped chopped fine (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Green Onions or Chives, finely cut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare Pretzel Bites Bowls :
- With a paring knife cut a 1 inch circle into the bun.
- Remove the bread center creating a cavity and leaving a ¼ inch wall of pretzel bread bowl.
- Reserve tops for breadcrumbs or discs for dips
- Egg Base:
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk in heavy cream and 2 Tbsp Scallion / Chives.
- Fold in cheeses
- Spoon 2 Tbsp of Egg Base into each Pretzel Bowl.
- 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with remaining scallions/chives and bacon.
- Enjoy right away! Or reserve to cool and reheat for 7-8 minutes!