Oprah’s Favorite Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
Try our Kalamata Olive Oval Loaf as featured on Oprah’s 30 Day plant-based meal challenge on oprahmag.com and Instagram.
- 2 Kalamata Olive Oval Loaf Slices
- 2 Ripe Tomato Slices
- 4 Thin Avocado Slices
- 1 Eggplant Sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1 Red Onion Sliced
- 1 Zucchini Sliced
- 1 Portobello Mushroom Sliced
- ½ Cup Arugula Leaves
- 2 Tsp Vegan Mayo
- 3 Tsp Jalapeño Mustard (Optional)
- Light your grill to high heat.
- Season eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, onions, and zucchini with salt, pepper, cayenne, dried basil, and cumin, plus a small amount of olive oil.
- Grill all vegetables until tender, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from the grill and allow to cool slightly.
- Apply mayo and mustard to the bread; there is no wrong way to build this sandwich, as long as everything is between both slices of bread!
Bonus tip: Try it the Oprah way and double toast the bread for an extra crispy crunch.