Pretzel Bun Burger
A perfect summer grilling recipe, but can be enjoyed all year around because who doesn’t love a burger? This is a classic recipe with a twist.
Using Röckenwagner Sesame Pretzel Bun
- Röckenwagner Sesame Pretzel Hamburger Bun
- Angus Beef Patty(recommended), Beef Patty or Ground Beef (can sub for a turkey, salmon or veggie burger)
- Swiss Cheese
- Caramelized onions*
- Additional toppings of choice (mustard, ketchup, pickles, jalapenos, etc.)
Caramelized onion recipe*:
- Onions- sliced thin rings
- Olive oil – 2 Tbsp per onion (can swap for butter)
- Prepare caramelized onions ahead of time*.
- Add olive oil to sauté pan on medium/high, once hot, add sliced onions, and reduce to medium/low. Cook low and slow for approx. 10 minutes, sprinkle some salt to help the caramelization process (approx. 1tsp for 5 onions). Cook for a total of 30 min – 1 hour, using a spatula to scrape the onions and stir occasionally (one tip to avoid the onions burning or drying out is to add a little water). When softened and golden brown, move to bowl to use for burger toppings.
- If using ground beef, make patties. Otherwise, grill burger patties according to packaging instructions. About 2-3 minutes each side. Once single side is browned, flip and added swiss cheese to cooked side. Cook other side of patty until desired doneness.
- Assemble burger patty Spread mayo on a Röckenwagner Sesame Pretzel Bun then assemble burger patty with caramelized onions, tomato, lettuce, and any other additional toppings. And take a juicy bite!