This recipe is worth the effort and it will become a staple recipe for your family!
- 24 ea Rockenwagner Soft Pretzel Bites – sliced into discs – toasted or deep fried
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- ½ ea Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 ea Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 ea Jalapenos
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 oz Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 oz Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Milk
- 8 oz Jack Cheese, shredded
- 8 oz White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 ea Chipotle Peppers (in adobo), finely minced
- To taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped – garnish
- 2 ea Limes – garnish
- In a medium saucepan over a low heat melt the butter, add the onion, garlic cumin and a whisper of salt. Cook until the onion is translucent 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, milk, heavy cream, and milk.
- Cook over a medium heat until the sauce is smooth and cream cheese is melted.
- In a bowl add the shredded cheese dust with the flour.
- In 4 additions add the shredded cheese mixture to the saucepan, whisking smooth.
- Add the chipotle peppers, pour into warm bowl – reserve warm.
- Bake: Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
- To Serve: Arrange Rockenwagner Soft Pretzel Bites on baking sheet tray.